Apple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Combine first 9 ingredients (onion through honey) in a bowl.
- Mix using an immersion blender for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly add olive oil in a steady stream while immersion blender is going*.
- Mix until olive oil has been completely added.
- Transfer to jar or other lidded container.
- Pour over salads, veggies, or other items to be marinade (tofu, tempeh, fish, chicken...you get the idea.)
Salads are a staple in the Custom Kitchen during the summer. They require zero cooking, minimal prep work, and contain a double dose of veggies. It’s a win-win (win?) all around.
The biggest issue that arises when it comes to salad time, is what to dress it with. Our favorite dressing went MIA from WholeFoods. And with the closing of the only other place in town that carried it, we were left to make it ourselves.
Mind you, this recipe has nothing to do with the old favorite. It’s just a new take on some favorite ingredients, including apple cider (yum) and balsamic vinegar (double yum).
The combination is a zing of tart with a mellow sweetness. Perfect for those crispy summer delicacies. And perhaps as a marinade.
- 1 tbs onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup apple cider
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbs honey or agave nectar
- ½ cup olive oil
Don't have an immersion blender? That's okay. Just combine all of the ingredients into a lidded container and shake it (like a Polaroid picture) until all ingredients are sufficiently mixed.
Learn More From Source