- In a saucepan, melt the butter and fry gently the spring onion and garlic until cooked but still soft. Add the bok choy (white stem and leaves) and green beans then fry gently until all covered by the garlic and butter.
- Add the beef stock to the saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes until cooked.
- Pour into serving dish.
This is such a vibrant dish and full of garlic. I can’t believe my children went back for more! I stole the idea when we recently visited a Vietnamese Restaurant. I don’t know what was in theirs, but I came up with this version which is pretty simple and incredibly tasty. So many meals can easily be made low carb if you change the side dishes it is served with. Remove the pasta, rice, bread or potatoes and go for leafy greens, salads and creamy sauces instead.
- 25g / 2 tbs butter
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic crushed or sliced
- 250g / 8 oz bag green beans
- 2 heads of bok choy - to prepare, I cut and discard the bottom inch of the stem, wash the bok choy then cut in half (where the white stem joins the green leaves)
- 125ml / ½ cup beef stock