Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- In a small prep bowl, dissolve cornstarch and water.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine white vinegar, salt, and sugar. Add the cornstarch and water mixture and mix very well.
- Heat sauce pans on medium and add oil and ketchup. Use a whisk to combine. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar mixture and bring to a boil. Lower heat to low and keep stirring until sauce thickens about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
This sweet and sour sauce is perfect for dipping fried foods like lumpia, fried chicken, fries, and our favorite in the house – squash fritters. It’s quick, easy, and inexpensive. You can make this ahead of time and place the sauce in a glass jar with the tight fitting lid and store it in the refrigerator.
Tools: Sauce pan, Whisk
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil(I use canola oil)
- ¼ cup tomato ketchup