Spicy Stir-Fried Zucchini
- Heat sesame oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- When it shimmers, add the zucchini, salt, kochujang, and ginger.
- Stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in sesame seeds. Let cool to room temperature.
Zucchini bread, zucchini chips, zucchini, zucchini, zucchini. Our goal this week has been to give you a few fresh ideas for this most ubiquitous of summer squash, recipes to wake you up instead of making you hit the snooze button one more time. This stir-fry from Michael Natkin of Herbivoracious is exactly what you need: it's fast, needs only five ingredients, and has a spicy kick.
Learn More From Source
- 1 pound (about 4 small) zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon kochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 2 tablespoons peeled, grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted black sesame seeds